Stanbic IBTC Bank invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the job position of Manager, Operational Risk -Personal and Business Banking. Effective risk management is fundamental to the business activities of the Standard Bank Group (group) which Stanbic IBTC Bank is a memmber. While we remain committed to increasing shareholder value by developing and growing our business within our broad determined risk appetite, we are mindful of achieving this objective in line with the interests of all stakeholders.
We are recruiting for the position of:
Job Title: Manager, Operational Risk -Personal and Business Banking
Purpose of the Job
- Ensure that the operational risk policy and underlying policies and frameworks are implemented. This is managed by implementation of the Operational Risk key deliverables; undertake trend/scenario analysis and report to Senior Management for necessary actions.
- To effectively identify, monitor, control and report all operational risk exposures and other related risks of the bank; to ensure that effective controls are in place to mitigate and prevent the occurrence of operational risk incident; to oversee and manage business resilience of the organisation through effective business continuity management.
- Operational Risk Management policies
- Risk and Control Self-Assessment
- Key Risk Indicators Monitoring
- Business Continuity Management
- Trend analysis
- Incident Reporting and Analyses
- Basel ll Initiatives
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 6 – 8 years working experience risk-based audit or operations; IT Audit skills would be an added advantage
- 3 – 5 audit experience in the banking environment
- Good knowledge of Operational risk as it relates to banking Basic knowledge of Basel II Initiatives.
- Knowledge of trends in the local and global financial industry
- Knowledge of global best practices in HR, IT and bank operations
- Knowledge of internal control procedures for financial institutions
- Audit experience in the banking industry (added advantage)
- IT Audit skills (added advantage)
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office suite
- Accurate and Methodical
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Team player
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with all levels of internal staff, external contacts and senior management
- Confidentiality and Committed
- Analytical, IT audit skills, good knowledge of ISO, COBIT & COSO best control practices
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date
267h March, 2013.