Bayero University Kano (BUK) invites applications from qualified candidates for admission into the following Programmes for the 2012/2013 Session. Bayero University is a world-class university in Africa,renowned for its excellence in teaching and research, and the quality of its products.
Among BUK’s Mission is to provide world-class academic and professional training and community service, and to conduct research for the advancement of society, and to produce high quality human resources with entrepreneurial skills for the development of the community, the nation and humanity.
The available Programmes are:
- 2 Year Diploma in Arabic. and Islamic Studies (DAHIS)
- 2 Year Diploma in Educational Management (DEM)
- 2 Year Diploma in Library and Information Management (DLIM)
- 2 Year Diploma in Public Administration (DPA)
- 2 Year Diploma in Social Policy and Administration (DSP)
- 2 Year Diploma, in Crime Management. Prevention and Control (DCM)
- 2 Year Diploma in Islamic Banking and Finance (DIBF)
- 2 Year Diploma in Mass Communications (DMC)
- 2 Year Diploma in Accounting and Auditing (DAA)
- 2 Year Diploma in Banking and Finance (DBF)
- 2 Year Diploma in Industrial Chemistry (DIC)
- 2 Year Diploma in Computer Science (DCS)
- 2 Year Diploma in Industrial Electronics (DIIE)
- 1 Year Advance Diploma in Information Management (ADIM)
- 1 Year Advance Diploma in Accounting and Auditing (ADAA)
- 1 Year Advance Diploma in Public Administration (ADPA)
- 1 Year Advance Diploma in Legal Studies (ADLS)
- 1 Year Advance Diploma in Islamic Banking and Finance (ADIBF)
- The general entry requirement for Diploma programmes is passes at Credit level in at least five (5) relevant subjects at GCE, SSCE(WAEC/NECO) or Grade II Certificate or their equivalent. Of these five credits:
- Candidates applying for DAA should have credits in Mathematics and Economics or Accounting.
- Those applying for DBF should have credits in Mathematics and Economics or Commerce.
- Those applying for DIC should have credits in Mathematics, Chemistry and any other Science Subject
- Those applying for DCS and DIIE should have credits in Mathematics, Physics and any other Science subjects.
- Those applying for DAHIS should have credits in Arabic and Hausa.
- The Advanced Diploma programmes are designed for candidates who hold an Ordinary Diploma, GCE ‘A’ level, IJMB, and NCE with a minimum of 5 points plus a minimum of three ‘O’ level credits in the relevant subjects.
- Candidates applying for ADAA must have a credit in Mathematics.
- Visit www buk.edu.ng and under the “Prospective Students Tab”, click “Application Forms” at the home page. Login using your NAME and select “Applying for a Sub-degree Programme”.
- Personalize Payment Invoice will be sent immediately into your email inbox. Print it and go to any branch of Zenith Bank nationwide to make a non-refundable payment of N5,000 (Five Thousand Naira Only).
- Return to www.buk.edu.ng and login to fill in the Application Forms. Fill in the Personal Data Form, Qualifications Form, and the Course Selection Form.
- Review your forms to ensure accuracy of all information you have provided. Click SUBMIT to complete the application process.
- An auto-generated Acknowledgement Slip will be sent immediately into your email inbox. Print the Slip and keep it safe. The slip will be needed during the collection of admission letter and during registration.