The Kwara State University, Malete, Centre for Advanced Basic Studies (CABS) invites applications from interested candidates for Admission into KWASU Centre for Advanced Basic Studies’ Programme for 2012/2013 Academic Session. The KWASU Advanced Basic Studies Programme is designed to prepare candidates for DIRECT ENTRY ADMISSION to 200 level of KWASU regular degree programmes. To be eligible for the Direct Entry admission, candidates will equally be registered for Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) and for Cambridge Advanced LeveI Examinations.
The programme is meant to provide opportunities for candidates who are unable to gain admission into the regular degree programmes of any Nigerian University The following are the available Programmes:
Management and Social Sciences Programmes
CABS Programmes – Target Degree Programmes
- BSc. Accounting
ii. Banking and Finance
- BSc. Banking & Finance
iii. Business Administration and Entrepreneurship
- B.Sc. Business Administration & Entrepreneurship
- B.Sc. Tourism and Hospitality Management
- B. Sc Enterprise Creation and Management.
iv. Business and industrial Relations
- B.Sc Industrial Relations BSc
- Political Science
v. Political Science and Public Administration
- BSc Political Science
- BSc. Economics,
- B. Sc Economics and Development Studies
vii. Business Education and Management
- B.Sc. (Ed) Business and Vocational Education,
- B.Sc. (Ed) Physiology, Kinesiology and Health Education
viii. Visual and Performing Arts (VPA)
- BSc Visual & Performing Arts
ix. Mass Communication, Public Relations, Library and Information Science -
- B. Sc Mass Communication
- B. Sc Library and Information Science
Science and Engineering Programmes
CABS Programmes – Target Degree Programmes
i. Computer Science
- B.Sc. Computer Science
- B.Sc, Microbiology
- B.Sc. Industrial Chemistry
- BSc. Biochemistry
- BSc, Chemistry
iv. Plants and Environmental Biology
- BSc Plant Biology
v. Geology and Mineral Science
- B.Sc. Geology and Mineral Science
- BSc Physics & Material Science
vii. Agricultural Economics and Extension
- B. Agric, B. Agric Science
- B. Engr. (Mechanical and Aerospace, Material Sciences and Engineering, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Food-Agricultural and Biological Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering)
Candidates seeking admission into KWASU Centre for Advanced Basic Studies Programmes (CABS) must possess five (5) ordinary level credit passes in relevant subjects including English Language. For candidates pursuing courses In Sciences, Engineering, Management and Social Sciences, they must have a credit pass in Mathematics obtained from any of WASC, NECO, GCE or NABTEB examinations at not more than two sittings.
Mode of Admission
Prospective candidates arc expected to apply online via www.kwasu.edu.ng and the form will be processed accordingly.
Alternatively, application form can be obtained from the Main Campus, Kwara State University, Malete.
Candidateswlll also be required to sit for a qualifying examination
Successful candidates will be informed online and through SMS messages.
Method of Application
- Visit our website- www.kwasu.edu.ng
- Click Payment and Identify your course
- Click Pay Online with your ATM Card
- It will take you to the Online Platform. Register and follow the link
- Identify the Advanced Basic Studies Form and pay Ten thousand Naira only (N10,000.00)
- Click pay and Insert your ATM Card Information
- Print a copy of the form you filled and bring it along with all photocopies of your credentials and Scratch Cards for all O’Level examinations taken on the qualifying examination date,
Criteria for Advancement to 200 Level
For candidates to advance to 200 level, they must:
- Possess five O’ Level credits in relevant subjects that ordinarily qualify them for admission through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
- Pass Interim joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) and or Cambridge Advanced Level Examinations
- score a minimum average of 3.0 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) or 60% in all the courses taken in the CABS programme.
- Obtain the Direct Entry Form from the joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and apply for Direct Entry admission.
Students will be fully accommodated in the University’s Hostels, It is compulsory that students live in the hostels in order to enjoy a conducive environment for learning and achieve the lofty aim of being in the programme.
Closing Date For Submission of Application Forms
Friday, 10th November, 2012.
Date of Qualifying Examination
Saturday 10th November 2012
Venue and Time:
Main Auditorium, Kwara State University, Malete. BY 10.00 am Prompt
Commencement of Lectures
Monday, 19th November2012