The Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto (UDUS) has released the 2012/2013 Provisional Admission List. Prospective students are to visit the admission portal to check their names and start registration online. Click here to check
In order to do registration online, students are to interact with the University
Portal using Computers. While it is possible to start the process of registration
from anywhere in the world, physical presence of prospective student is
necessary to complete the Registration.
The University will be making available more than 200 computers and a number
of technical staff to assist students with the processes (including creating
electronic passports) at the ICT Center and the University Library. Students are
therefore, advised to use these facilities to create their account and other
Registration using the system
Registration using the UDUS Portal is divided into four parts:
a. Creating your personal information;
b. Physical presence of prospective students for Confirmation of results;
c. Paying fees; and
d. Courses registration.
a) Creating your Personal Information
• In order to successfully create your personal information, you should readily have the
1. An electronic copy of your passport photograph (not more than 2mb).
2. Details about your date of birth.
3. Details of your qualifications, including your JAMB number/Matric number.
4. A valid email address (if you do not have one, you should open it before proceeding).
5. GSM number.
6. Admission program offered to you by the University.
• Open the university website http://www.udusok.edu.ng and click the link udusportal
located at the right hand side of the page.
• Upon opening the page, you would be requested to enter the Jamb number with
which you were offered admission, to confirm that you are an admitted Student of
UDUS. Once confirmed, the system will display the page for you to create your
account. (Note that in creating your account any entry marked “*” by the field label
must be filled before the registration can be complete and successful).
• Fill all information correctly, read through and proof read the information you have
provided, then click the create new account button at the bottom of the screen to create
and submit your information to the portal.
• Once the account is created successfully; a green message will be displayed at the top of
the screen informing you about successful creation of the record. Your username and
password will be printed. Carefully record these details. Pay attention to case
sensitivity. You need them to log into the system. Same details and additional instructions
are sent to the e-mail address you provided.
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO RECORD YOUR
USERNAME AND PASSWORD. YOU ARE STRONGLY ADVICED TO PRINT THE PAGE.
1. Make sure you fill all the information correctly, read and proof read your information
before sending. Once you click Create new account to create your record, you
cannot edit it until after confirmation.
2. Ensure to print and collect your username and password, even if you are registering in
commercial cafés, as you need them to log into the system and continue your process of
registration. Students are strongly advised to use unique passwords, they can always
remember upon changing their passwords, as further interaction with the online
system would only be carried out with the password provided by the Student.
3. Next stage is to present yourself to the confirmation officer at the Usmanu Danfodiyo
University, Sokoto for confirmation.
b) Physical Presence of Prospective Student for Confirmation of admission
In order to successfully complete this process, you need the following documents:
1. Copy of evidence of admission into Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto.
2. Original and Photocopies of your credentials.
3. 10 passport photographs
4. Original and photocopy of your Certificate of Birth or Declaration of Age.
5. Local Government Indigene Letter
• Present yourself to the confirmation officer at the confirmation venue in the University.
1. The confirmation officer will use the originals of your documents to verify the information
you provided while creating your personal information record and confirm your admission.
2. On confirmation of your admission, two copies of confirmation letters will be printed for you
3. The confirmation letter contains your admission number, a new email address and login
details to your new email account. Further details and instructions will be sent to the new email
account. Note: at this stage, your new login username is your admission number, while the
password remain the same.
4. If your confirmation is not successful, you will be directed on what to do next by the
5. You can now proceed to pay your fees and register your courses. Note that you cannot
register courses unless your fees payment is approved.
c) Pay Fees
Once you receive your confirmation letter, you are ready to proceed to fees payment. To do
this, retrieve your login details from your UDUS email account and log into the portal home
page through the University website http://www.udusok.edu.ng and clicking UDUSportal
located at the left hand side of the page.3
• Click Pay fees from the menu at the left side of the screen. This will display list of all fee
items payable according to your program of study and level. This is for information only.
• Click the button pay fees at the bottom of the screen to continue.
• A summary of all fee items will again be displayed. At the bottom of the screen will be the
details of each fee item with total amount payable at the bottom of the table.
• Read the customer information at the bottom of the screen carefully.
• Click Send fee details for processing to complete this part of fees payment.
• You can print your invoice by clicking the “print invoice”. You need the invoice to complete
your fees payment at the designated bank.
• Once printed, you can proceed to any indicated banks on the invoice to make your payments.
• You need your confirmation letter and the invoice to complete payment at the bank.
NOTE: You cannot be able to register your courses unless you successfully pay
d) Courses Registration
Once you pay your fees, the bank will automatically send the confirmation to the University
Portal to enable your registration. Contact your relevant department for any specific
and/or general instructions about choice of courses before continuing with your
• Log into the portal with your login details and click “Registration” at the left hand side of
the menu. A list of courses offered by your department for your admitted program level will be
displayed. The page will show two tables, one for 1st semester and the second for 2nd
semester. Each table will display courses offered in each semester. Below each table will be a
summary showing Minimum Credit Load, Maximum Credit Load and Selected Credit
Load. Note that you must register at least the minimum load and at most the maximum load.
• Carefully note that core and compulsory courses have their boxes dimmed and contain a tick.
This indicates that the courses are compulsory and not selectable. Courses with boxes not
dimmed are electives that you need to choose from according to the instructions from your
• Select the required elective courses: Notice that as you click to select, the units of the course
will automatically be added to your Selected Credit Load for each semester.
• Once you finish, click the submit button to complete your registration. Note: your registration
will not be stored in the database until you press “submit” button!
• You can print a copy of your registered courses from the option “My Courses” from the
THIS COMPLETES YOUR REGISTRATION PROCESS!!!
1. UDUNet Training Lab (Help Desk);
2. Faculty of Social Sciences Conference Room;
3. Faculty of Education & Extension Services Conference Room;
4. ETF III HALL (CONFIRMATION VENUE);
5. ICT Center (Old Library);
6. Cisco Lab (M.I.S); and
7. Abdullahi Fodio University (Main) Library4
If you have any problem with the system, you can get help at the following
1. The Main Library e-Learning Center.
2. The ICT Center located directly north of the main Library.
3. UDUNet training Lab
HELP DESK OFFICERS:
1. –08143279576 firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
2. —08098547269 firstname.lastname@example.org
3. —07059598080 email@example.com
4. —08066038197 firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download Online Registration Guidelines for the 2012/2013 Academic Session.
Update: Schedule Fees Structure for the 2012/2013 Academic Session is Out. Click here to download
THIS IS TO ANNOUNCE THAT THE DATE FOR THE COMMENCEMENT OF REGISTRATION OF SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES ADMITTED INTO THE USMANU DANFODIYO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO FOR UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES FOR THE 2012/2013 ACADEMIC SESSION IS 21ST JANUARY, 2013. THE REGISTRATION, WHICH WILL BE ON-LINE WILL COMMENCE ON 21ST JANURARY, 2013 AND CLOSE ON 2ND FEBRUARY, 2013.
SIMILARLY, ALL RETURNING (OLD) STUDENTS, UNDERGRADUATE AND POSTGRADUATE SHOULD ALSO NOTE THAT THE DATE OF BEGINNING OF THE 2012/2013 SESSION IS 4TH FEBRUARY, 2013 AND REGISTRATION STARTS IMMEDIATELY ON THE SAME DAY TO CLOSE ON 9TH FEBRUARY, 2013.
M. K. JABO