The Onstream Group invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for recruitment into the job position of CCPP Site Construction Manager at Eket Nigeria. ONSTREAM Group is a leading international project & technical recruitment service specialist for the oil & gas, shipping, Maritime, Petrochemical and Energy sector.
Job Title: CCPP Site Construction Manager
- interface with the Project Security Point of contact and site security Contacts regarding security related activities.
-Lead the plant construction with the assistance of his execution team to ensure that it is performed properly in terms of safety, quality, schedule and budget in line with the power plant Contract.
-Provide constructability input to the project design.
-Monitor the work at site, liaise with and coordinate the efforts of the construction team, the local authorities, interface parties and the Client. He is their direct contact at site.
-Timely reports variances to the project manager and proposes jointly with the project team, mitigation or alternative solutions.
-Make sure that agreed corrective actions to mitigate the effects of variances are planned and carried out.
-Assist the Company in claims management to and from the Contractors.
-Monitor the overall project schedule of the plant construction as they integrate the schedule with the schedule of permits, authorizations and other contractual obligations.
-Direct and manage the interface of all other works at site by contractors working directly for the Company, if any, and make sure that those activities are coordinated with the overall activities in the plant.
Client/Operator side experience in similar projects.
- Minimum BS / MS degree or substantial equivalent technical training and prior extensive experience in project and site management.
- Extensive experience in the construction and operation of power projects; with an emphasis on project execution (construction & completion). In addition, candidate must be experienced in the development & construction of power generating facilities specifically Combined or Simple Cycle Gas Turbines.
- Significant “construction site” management experience on international projects in emerging markets
- Broad background of previous exposure to various disciplines, civil, electrical, mechanical on construction projects and accumulated knowledge base of construction methods used in these disciplines.
- Direct and critical involvement in the construction execution of Clients projects in order to achieve commercial operations,
- Extensive knowledge and familiarity with clients contract terms and conditions, interrelationships of risks with respect to Owner vs. Contractor risks and participation in the negotiation of clients contracts,
- Direct experience in establishing, monitoring and managing project construction budgets,
- Working knowledge of and experience in development, managing and analyzing project schedules, including use of Microsoft Project, Primavera or similar project scheduling software,
-Fluency in English is a MUST.
- Construction Manager must be a strong communicator. Ability to convey thoughts in a clear, concise and professional manner is a must. Construction Manager will communicate with all levels of the design and construction team. Construction Manager must also be a good listener.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Ability to travel and live internationally
How To Apply
Interested Applicants Should: Click Here To Apply Online