UNDP Nigeria invites applications from suitably qualified graduates for the job position of Human Resources (HR) Intern. UNDP helps developing countries attract and use aid effectively. In all our activities, we encourage the protection of human rights, capacity development and the empowerment of women.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Human Resources (HR) Intern
Type of Contract: Internship
Duration of Initial Contract: Initial duration of 6 months
- Under the guidance and supervision of the Human Resources Specialist, the HR Intern provides HR services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work. The HR Intern promotes a client-oriented and consistent with rules and regulations approach in the Unit.
- The HR Intern works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff in the CO to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Implementation of HR services- recruitment
- Assist the unit in longlisting
- Assist the unit in preparing recruitment documents
- Assist the unit in carry out reference and education verification checks
- Follow up with candidates on receiving recruitment documents
- Collection of background information/ documents for submissions to the Local Committee Review Panel (CRP).
Support to the unit on Service Contract Management
- Assist the unit in preparing contracts
- Support to contracts processing (FTA/TA series, SCs
Support to the unit on Leave Management
- Assist in compiling leave record on a monthly basis
- Working with HR colleagues in verifying accuracy of leave balance
- Maintenance of Attendance record spreadsheets
- Excellent writing skills, as well as strong analytical aptitude and strong communication skills
- Excellent organizational, time management and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flexibly and meet tight deadlines
- Attention to detail and proven ability to work independently and effectively with minimum supervision
- Networking skills to engage with key internal and external partners
- Theoretical and practical understanding of human resources management
- Computer proficiency: MS Office
- Demonstrated interest in the field of development
- Respect for the principles of the United Nations
Required Skills and Experience
- Interns are selected on a competitive basis. The following minimum qualifications are required:
- Enrolment in a relevant graduate-level degree programme such as human resources management, public or business administration, economics or social sciences. Only those students who will return to their studies upon completion of their internship assignments are eligible.
- Fluency in English. Working knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
Conditions of Internship
- Interns are considered gratis personnel. They are not staff members.
- Interns are not financially remunerated by UNDP. The costs associated must be borne by the nominating institution, related institution or government, which may provide the required financial assistance to its students; or by the student, who will have to obtain financing for subsistence and make his or her own arrangements for travel, accommodation, visa, etc.
Candidates who are shortlisted for an interview must submit prior to the interview, the following documents:
- Official letter from the University confirming enrolment in a graduate-level degree programme;
- Copy of school transcript;
- Letter of endorsement from a faculty member who has worked with the student in the recent past and who is knowledgeable on the student’s performance;
- Complete and sign the UNDP Application Form for Internships (MS Word | PDF). www.undp.org/internships
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here To Apply Online
Application Closing Date
22th February 2013