The Kaduna State Universal Basic Education Board (KDSUBEB) invites application from suitably qualified candidates for the available job vacant positions in the board in line with the recommendation of the white paper of the report of the committee to review policy and structure of Government as it affects the selection of Education Secretaries in Kaduna State.Position: Education Secretary
of the following Local Government Education Authorities (LGEAs):
1). Igabi LGEA
2). Jaba LGEA
3). Kachia LGEA
4). Kaduna South LGEA
5). Kubau LGEA
6). Sabon Gari LGEA
7). Sanga LGEA
8.) Zangon Kataf LGEA
The Education Secretary shall be responsible for the day – to – day administration of the affairs of the Authority.
- Give quarterly reports to the Local Government Area Chairman and SUBEB on planned activities and administrative challenges related to Basic Education delivery.
- Ensure proper implementation of policy
- Ensure effective communication of information to schools
- Coordinate, initiate and collaborate with all stakeholders to develop Basic Education.
- Participate regularly in meetings with SUBEB.
Qualification and Experience
Candidates Must possess the following:
- A degree in Education from any accredited, reputable University;
- Accrued teaching experience preferably in a Primary School for at least ten (10) years;
- Working experience with civil society as well as within government;
- Sound in Sector Planning, Human Resources Management and Organizational Development;
- Be a serving officer not below the rank of GL 14;
- Be computer literate;
- Be a registered member of Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN); and
- Be an indigene of the Local Government Area He/She is applying for.
Condition of Service
As obtainable in the Kaduna State Civil Service. The appointment is for a period of five (5) years and shall be eligible for re-appointment for a further period of five years based on satisfactory performance.
Method of Application
Applicant should send fifteen (15) copies of his/her typewritten application and Curriculum Vitae to the office of His / Her respective Local Government Council Chairman and Three (3) copies to the office of the Executive Chairman SUBEB, Kaduna
Applicants should provide in their CV names of three (3) referees at least two of whom should be competent enough to attest to the applicant’s Professional/Academic standing and character. The referees be requested to send their confidential reports to the affected Local Government Council Chairman.
Application Closing Date
29 October, 2012