Shell - Nigeria invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the job position of Vessel Quality Assurance Supervisor. Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies. It consists of the businesses of Upstream Americas, Upstream International, Downstream, and Projects & Technology. With around 101,000 employees in more than 90 countries and territories, Shell is helping to meet the world’s growing demand for energy in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways.
Posted: January 17, 2013
Industries: Oil & Energy
Job ID: 4636960
- Execute premob compliance inspections at all Shell Nigeria and third party marine work locations.
- Single point responsibility for the Quality of all pre-mob verification activities, including verification of HSE-MS in place in marine operations east and west, including Contractor bases.
- Train, monitor and manage a team of Contractor premob verification inspectors covering all Shell Nigeria and Contractor work locations.
- Implement an improvement process to reduce the overall Shell and Third Party non-compliant vessels.
- Based on field experience propose changes to the premob standards and propose improvements in inspection methods.
- Monitor and maintain database of Shell Nigeria and Third Party premob
- Compliant records in Marvel, Cobra and OVID. Produce reports and analysis.
- Update the Maritime Safety Standards for Shell Nigeria, if required, update and maintain the procedures, work instruction and guidelines.
- Assist with development/maintenance of Marine Asset Reference Plan
- Participate and implement maritime process/value adding drives and business development studies to enhance performance.
- To develop individual risk registers, top events, critical tasks, and Manuals of permitted Operations for individual maritime operations
Desired Skills & Experience
- Preferably a Class 1 and minimum a Class 2 qualification as deck officer or marine engineer.
- Experienced in all aspects of vessel compliance, inspection and maintenance.
- Knowledgeable of the Shell HSE-MS system, the ISM system and the ISO 9001 QM system.
- Knowledgeable of the Stasco Ship Quality Standards and Safe-T, Sire, Marvel, Cobra and OVID databases.
- Preferably 5 years experience on oil or gas carriers.
- Experience in E&P operation and marine transport operation is an advantage.
- Experience in local community management and local vessel operation and maintenance in Nigeria is an advantage.
- Stress tolerant and be capable to work remotely without direct supervision.
- Excellent HSE Leadership drive
- Strong interpersonal skill and communication skills and capable to work with local communities.
- Proficient in computer application systems (excel. Word, power point).
How To Apply:
Interested applicants should: Click Here To Apply Online