The Core Group - Lagos (Nigeria) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the job position of General Manager (Operations) Nigeria/Ghana. Core Group Africa – sole distributors of Apple in sub- Saharan Africa seeks to employ a General Manager (Operations) for a start-up operation in Nigeria and Ghana. The intention is to grow Apple presence primarily by establishing a network of Apple Premium Re-sellers in these. Core Group represents (amongst others) the Apple and Nintendo brands in Southern Africa.
Posted: January 16, 2013
Experience: Mid-Senior level
Functions: Business Development
Industries: Consumer Electronics
Compensation: Market Related
Job ID: 4619585
The role will commence with setting up operations in these countries, assisting in sourcing the correct location for Apple Premium Resellers, initially commencing with one APR which is already up and running in the Ikeja Mall in Lagos,and then expanding this progressively. The role will evolve to the overall management of the APR and expansion of APRs in these respective countries.
In addition to the above the key focus will be on establishing and maintaining relationships with 3rd party dealers and retailers and establishing them as reseller partners. The role therefore has a strong Business Development focus as well as a hands-on operational focus.
The successful candidate will be required to be hands-on and manage the start-up operation (initially literally as the store manager) and grow with the expansion of the number of APRs in Nigeria and Ghana respectively, as the business goes through its growth curve.
The role would be best suited to an expatriate or returning Nigerian citizen who has worked outside of Nigeria in an international organization ideally in a first world country, with a solid track record of relevant experience in operating in Nigeria.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES INCLUDE:
- Work with Core Group to identify correct location for APRs building on the current location in the Ikeja Mall.
- Align the APR and Core Group business operations with all Nigerian and in the case of Ghana, Ghanian legislative requirements
- Obtain all necessary business and other licenses necessary for operation of the business. Comply with all statutory regulations applicable to the business
- Establish, build and grow relationships with 3rd party dealers and retailers and establish them as customers and gain presence for Apply in their stores and optimize merchandising.
- Identify high potential corporate customers and introduce our presence to high potential customers and the education market.
- Maximise Apple value/volume growth in a sustainable and profitable way by increasing penetration of market in Nigeria/Ghana, includes identifying opportunities to grow Apple unit sales, overall revenue and profitability
- Devise program of events and activities to attract high potential customers into stores
- Provide support to the CIS store in the Palms Mall (an approved Apple reseller) build a business plan with them and drive implementation
- Build, organize, motivate and lead a dynamic, high performance team for the APR in Ikeja Mall as a start-up and successively as more APRs are established
- Set, communicate and ensure achievement of all sales targets within the APR in Nigeria/Ghana
- Daily, “on the sales floor” coaching of sales staff to equip the team to increase sales conversion rates. Capacitate APR Managers to drive this focus. This is a strategic and critical aspect of the role
CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE/CUSTOMER INTERACTION/SERVICE SUPPORT
- Ensure the highest standards of customer engagement and service are set, measured and met.
- Take customer experience and service delivery to a new level
- Demonstrate a hands-on and interactive approach to customers and ensure that the entire APR team buys in to this approach and that this ethos permeates into the iStores
- Focus on developing long term customer relationships
- Implement a strategy for service and support in Country and identify and establish an independent Service Provider
- Develop and implement a quarterly marketing plan together with the Core Group Marketing Executives
- Make recommendations for marketing initiatives in line with the APR Strategy
- Evaluate and give feedback in terms of ROI on investment as well as SAMI (Sales and Marketing plan)
- Act as the spokesperson in the territory for Core Group Africa
- Ensure correct mix and volume of stock, stock planning and optimization and liaise with Head Office Stock Controller
- Oversee control of stock items and assets within APR in area of responsibility, with focus on minimizing shrinkage and/or all pilferage
- Ensure compliance with all Apple merchandising standards and brand guidelines.
- Ensure that the team understand and live the brand on a daily basis.
- Ensure that all Company policies and processes are in place in all key areas to minimize risk and maximize efficiencies.
- Monitor adherence, remedy any non-compliance issues
- Control all controllable expenses
- Overall accountability for the safeguarding of stock, cash/debtors and fixed assets in the region.
- Manage the supply chain process effectively
- Proactively recruit and retain high potential candidates who are able to engage and serve customers in line with the Apple brand promise, including development of innovative solutions to achieve this.
- Development of team and provide leadership and ensure team members are effectively managed, motivated, coached and developed.
- Support the growth of an embedded culture focusing on demystifying the Apple brand, customer service, increasing traffic into stores, increasing conversion rates, technical expertise and support
- Ensure that each store has high level of product, technical and sales skills through intensive and ongoing training of team members, including ensuring that all Apple and Core Group training and certification standards are met
Desired Skills & Experience
- Sound commercial skills and experience in start-up retail type operations will be a distinct advantage
- Business Development Experience and a proven track record
- Must have a proven track record of doing business in Nigeria
- Be familiar with legislation guiding business dealings in Nigeria/Ghana respectively
- Sound (4-7) years management experience managing teams
- Proven track record of operating effectively within a sales/marketing environment which is strongly target driven
- Supply chain management experience
- Formal qualification preferred
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- How To Apply:
Interested applicants should: Click Here To Apply Online