Investigation & Loss Prevention Adviser
Job ID: F36955
Location: Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt, Nigeria
• Focal point for investigation of all reported security related incidents in SPDC.
• Supervises Security Investigation and Surveillance Team of SPY Police Command.
• Manages External Government Security Agents Involved in Investigation,Prosecution and Loss Prevention Processes in the division.
• Contracts Holder: Investigation and Loss Prevention Consultancy Services.
• Budget Allocation : USD700,000
• Develop strategies that would achieve significant reduction in losses due to criminal activities.
• Develop and maintain proper and fit-for-purpose guidelines and procedures for investigating criminal activities (e.g.,stealing,burglary,armed robbery,etc) in the company’s assets and operations within the division.
• Maintain database and provide weekly reports on criminal cases under investigation,prosecution and those for which convictions are obtained.
• Lead investigation into reported criminal cases.
• Manage issues of threat to Life on Staff and their family
• Manage violation to access control and impersonation
• Carryout centralised crime trend analysis in the division
• Maintain data Base for People at Risk Management System
• In conjunction with Legal Department,prepare company staff as witnesses for court.
• Capture and report trends in criminal activities (nature and modus operandi) and communicate learning points on a need to know basis.
• Monitor compliance with the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights (VPSHR) during arrest,detention and prosecution of suspects.
• Company policies and procedures
• Investigation skills (Report writing, interviewing / elicitation, Statement taking techniques)
• Leadership / Management skills
• Interpersonal and networking skills.
• Knowledge of Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights (VPSHR)
A minimum of five years experience, three of which, must have been spent in investigation activities – incident investigation, crime investigation, background screening.
A university degree in Criminology, Law, Security Administration or any of the Social Science disciplines.
Application Deadline: Sunday 30 June 2013
Number of Vacancies: 1
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorized Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates should:
Click here To Apply