Operating from Nigeria’s business capital of Lagos, the MTN Foundation was incorporated in July 2004 to offer a sustainable and focused channel through which MTN Nigeria would drive its Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives in all 36 states of the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory.
The Foundation is funded by up to 1% PAT (Profit after Tax) from MTN Nigeria and deploys a unique brand of wide impact and project-driven corporate social investment programmes which have won several accolades. It has also created a vibrant network of local and international partner organisations through which its various projects are executed.
Through its efforts, the MTN Foundation has made huge impact and has become a model for good corporate citizenship, endorsed by a wide variety of stakeholders, Government, Regulators, Tax authorities, and the beneficiaries of its numerous projects.
Scholarship Project Description:
Under the MTNF Science & Technology Scholarship Scheme, the Foundation currently provide financial support to 1,015 Science & Technology Students in public Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education across the six geopolitical zones in Nigeria and has awarded approximately N500m to date to nearly 2,500 students. the scholarship award is worth N200,000.oo for the duration of one academic year and it covers tuition, book allowance and stipend.
Application for the 2012/2013 session is now open. Following the applications, 1,500 students will be shortlisted for the assessment test to be held in three centers in the North, East and West of the country . The top scoring 500 candidates from the assessment test will be awarded scholarships and will receive their awards during the 2012/2013 academic year.
Scholarships will also be renewed for the existing 1,015 students provided they have maintained a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) or its equivalent (second class upper/upper credit).
Scholarship Requirements & Eligibility:
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education in Nigeria must be full time undergraduates in 200 level/2nd year.
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score of 3.5 or its equivalent (2:1)
- Applicants from public Polytechnics must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the Ordinary National Diploma (OND) programme and must have secured admission into the Higher National Diploma programme (HND).
- Direct entry level students must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the OND programme and must have secured admission into 200 level/2nd year in a public University
- Current Beneficiaries of the MTN Foundation Science & Technology Scholarship award are not eligible to apply
- The MTN Foundation reserves the right to cancel or suspend a scholarship award if it is discovered that an applicant /awardee provided false information.
- Agric. Extension and Rural Development
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Production and Health
- Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
- Applied Physics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer and Electronics
- Computer and Information Science
- Computer and Mathematics
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Computer Technology
- Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Industrial Mathematics
- Industrial Physics
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Physics Electronics
- Physics/ Computational Modeling
- Pure/ Applied Physics
- Statistics and Computer Science
- System Engineering
Names of successful candidates will be published in National Dailies
Application Closing Date: Closing date for receipt of application is Monday, October 29, 2012.
Method of Application:
Inteseted Applicants should Click Here To Start Application. When the page opens mark the box under “I accept the terms and condition” a link to application form will open.
Please note that all information provided will be verified and persons with fraudulent information will be held accountable.