Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited (EEPNL), subsidiary of Exxon Mobil Nigeria in conjunction with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation - in continuation of its efforts to provide opportunities for developing careers in the petroleum industry, ExxonMobil’s Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited (EEPNL) awards scholarships to qualified Nigerian students interested in Mobil National Udergraduate Scholarship Awards 2012.
A brief history
- In 1974 the NNPC/MPN joint venture commenced a scholarship program for undergraduates in Nigerian higher institutions of learning. The number of awards increased from 13 in 1974 to 30 in 1984, to 250 in 1991, and to 350 in 1993. Since 1998, the NNPC/MPN joint venture has made provision to award 500 scholarships annually.
- About 60% of those are for core disciplines in Engineering and Geosciences, and the rest are for other professional courses.
- Fifty percent of MPN’s Scholarship Awards go to indigenes of the operational communities and the rest of Akwa Ibom State ( 75 goes to the operational communities while 175 to goes the other communities in the state), twelve percent to Bonny and the rest of Rivers State (50 goes to Bonny and 10 to the other communities in the state), ten percent (50) of the awards is given to the best candidates and twenty eight percent of the total awards (140) goes to other states including FCT based on merit and fair geographical spread.
- In addition, EEPNL also awards international Post-graduate Scholarships in line with its plan to recruit, train and develop qualified Nigerians to fill positions within and outside its organization. To apply for the scholarship, candidates must have a first degree (First Class or Second Class Upper Division in Geosciences and Engineering obtained from a Nigerian university) and a provisional admission to a recognized University in the USA, UK or any EU country.
- By 2008, EEPNL has awarded a total of 56 international post-graduate scholarships. These scholarships carry no employment obligations. Upon successful completion of their courses, candidates are free to work anywhere they choose.
- In 2007, EEPNL introduced the National Postgraduate Scholarship program in other to complement the existing foreign scholarship program. To apply for the scholarship, candidates must have a first degree (First Class or Second Class Upper Division in Geosciences and Engineering degree and a provisional admission in a recognized University in Nigeria. 19 awards were made in 2007 and by 2008, the number increased to 30 awards, thus bringing the total number of awards for the National Postgraduate scholarship to 49 awards.
Applications For NNPC/Mobil National Undergraduate Scholarship Awards 2012
As part of its support to educational development and human capacity building, Mobil Producing Nigeria, operator of NNPC/MPN Joint Venture awards annual scholarships to qualified students in Nigerian Universities.
Applications for NNPC/MPN Undergraduate National Scholarship Awards are based on the following criteria:
Awards will be made to qualified and suitable students from every state of the Federation including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
Applications in the following list of approved disciplines will be considered:
1. Petroleum Engineering
2. Chemical Engineering
3. Mechanical Engineering
4. Electrical/Electronics Engineering
5. Civil Engineering
7. Medicine (MBBS Only)
8. Agricultural Science (And related fields)
- Candidates must be holders of the SSCE or its equivalent with at least six subjects passed at a sitting with a minimum of 5 Distinctions.
- Applicants must be registered full-time undergraduates in their 1st or 2nd year of study in any Nigerian University.
- Students who are currently on similar scholarship awards from other oil and gas companies need not apply.
- Dependants of employees of Mobil Producing Nigeria, Mobil Oil Nigeria plc and Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited are not eligible for this scholarship.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
If you are qualified and interested, please complete the form in “Apply Here” on the website http://www.mpn-essoscholarships.com/mpn-nat.php and submit as instructed.
Applications not received within 2 weeks of Advertisement will not be accepted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to come with the original and a photocopy of the following documents for screening prior to taking the qualifying Test:
- Evidence of SSCE result or its equivalent
- Evidence of admission into a Nigerian University.
- Evidence of current year of study
- Current University Identity Card.
- Current Passport Photographs.
- Evidence of State of Origin obtained from the appropriate Local Government Area and duly signed by the Chairman or Secretary.
Application Closing date
Tuesday, October 9, 2012.
You may also wish to view the NNPC/Esso International Postgraduate Scholarship Awards 2012 , the NNPC/Esso National Postgraduate Scholarship Awards 2012 and the Exxon Mobil Scholarship 2012/2013 for Middle East and North Africa