EMC Nigeria invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the job position of Channel Manager – West Africa - Lagos (Nigeria). EMC provides the technologies and tools that can help you release the power of your information. We can help you design, build, and manage flexible, scalable, and secure information infrastructures. And with these infrastructures, you’ll be able to intelligently and efficiently store, protect, and manage your information so that it can be made accessible, searchable, shareable, and, ultimately, actionable. We believe that information is a business’s most important asset. Ideas—and the people who come up with them—are the only real differentiator. Our promise is to help you take that differentiator as far as possible. We will deliver on this promise by helping organizations of all sizes manage more information more effectively than ever before. We will provide solutions that meet and exceed your most demanding business and IT challenges.
Posted: January 14, 2013
Experience: Mid-Senior level
Industries: Information Technology and Services
Job ID: 4592713
Fosters and advances the success of EMCs relationships with key partners and cross functional stakeholders and virtual team (i.e., direct sales, presales, services and marketing) at all levels within assigned area of responsibility. Evangelizes EMC Channel Programs with internal and external stakeholders to advance the adoption of EMC’s wide array of products, services and solutions. Formulates and delivers comprehensive Channels strategy to drive revenue growth through our Partner community, including business plans, resource/budget allocation and account mapping. Oversees implementation of targeted programs and marketing campaigns and ensures that EMC Field Sales is leveraging Partner Team. Ensures that Channels are able to generate business outside EMC Named accounts to ensure better Market Coverage and incremental revenue stream.
Leadership responsibilities for developing a Partner Ecosystem through qualifying, recruiting and enabling new partners, as well as managing the current partner base of Distributors and Resellers / VARs of all tiers who resell EMC products. Demonstrates knowledge of the organization’s entire product line; may have more in-depth knowledge on a subset of products or services. Works with partners on go to market strategy and facilitates partnering efforts with EMC Field Sales. Engages EMC Field Sales and BU specialists early on to communicate strategy and ensure collaboration. Understands all aspects of indirect channel business. Educates partner community on programs and executes accordingly, and influences the adoption of EMC solutions.
Areas of Responsibility
- Typically has district/area level responsibilities and covers SMB/Mid Market partners
- Manages territory planning and goal assignment; manages current quarter pipeline. Position partner(s) into the local/regional/theatre Go-to-market and coverage model
- Responds to customer/partner problems
- Designs and executes jointly developed business plans; including 3-5 strategic initiatives, training plan, marketing plan, revenue targets, etc
- Generally responsible for developing, managing and growing partner accounts
- Implements the strategy defined by Regional Channels Management
- Builds internal/external relationships among field sales and partner organization
- Responds to situations in a timely manner with appropriate resources in order to meet customer’s needs
- Contributes to account negotiations
- General understanding and utilization of available cross functional resources
- Works autonomously
- Advanced knowledge and practice of the Integrated Sales Cycle and all areas of the Channel
- Strong business acumen and In-depth knowledge of EMC products/solutions, competitive products and industry trends
Desired Skills & Experience
- Ability to influence others to achieve results
- Ability to manage in a matrix environment
- Good understanding of the competition.
- Consultative skills
- Presentation skills
- Strategic planning abilities
- Negotiation skills
How To Apply:
Interested applicants should: Click Here To Apply Online